Today, the 24th Meeting of the GST Council was conducted by mode of Video Conferencing to decide the E Way Bill Mechanism.
In the GST Council meet, following decisions were approved:
- Nationwide E Way Bill system will be ready on trial basis latest by 16th January, 2018.
- For Interstate moment of goods (as defined in e way bill rules), E Way Bill is mandatory with effect from 1st February, 2018.
- It means that 16th January 2018 to 31st January 2018 will be on trial basis for traders, transporters. From 1st February, for interstate moment of goods it is mandatory.
- The nationwide E Way bill system will be ready for both i.e. intrastate and interstate moment of goods from 16th January, 2018.
- However, the states may choose their own timing for implementation of e-way bill for intrastate moment of goods but latest by any date before 1st June, 2018.
- States have been given option to choose nationwide e way bill system for intrastate moment of goods before 1st June, 2018. After 1st June, 2018, it is mandatory for the states to follow nationwide e way bill system.
- Certain states are already ready and may adopt to implement nationwide e way bill system from 1st February, 2018 itself.